Articles on this Page
- 12/04/12--14:00: _Top 5 Business Reas...
- 01/18/13--10:28: _Convergence 2013: D...
- 02/06/13--13:09: _What can YOU win at...
- 03/11/13--13:34: _Merit Solutions at ...
- 09/13/13--14:54: _Join Merit Solution...
- 11/08/13--06:22: _Merit Solutions Fea...
- 12/24/13--07:21: _Happy Holidays from...
- 02/04/14--12:18: _Microsoft Convergen...
- 02/20/14--18:08: _Convergence 2014: M...
- 02/21/14--11:02: _Convergence 2014: A...
- 02/24/14--07:32: _Convergence 2014 Co...
- 04/07/14--14:43: _Merit Solutions nam...
- 05/08/14--08:19: _Join Merit Solution...
- 06/03/14--13:50: _Merit Solutions Pre...
- 06/09/14--09:20: _2 More Sessions at ...
- 09/05/14--07:54: _AXUG Summit Session...
- 09/08/14--06:19: _AXUG Summit Session...
- 02/26/15--12:41: _Free Webinar: Produ...
- 03/06/15--04:16: _Stanley Steemer, Ta...
- 04/28/15--12:11: _Merit Walk Off at M...
- Make Personal Connections. Microsoft Convergence gives you an opportunity to connect with your customers in a more personal way, outside of the traditional business environment. It also helps customers put a face to a name, creating a deeper connection between customers and the vendors that they use. Remember: People build relationships with people, not companies.
- Increase the Value of Their Investments. Microsoft Convergence is a great way for partners to help customers get more value out of their existing Microsoft Dynamics programs and investments. Whether it’s walking through the showroom floor learning about potential add-on solutions or sitting in on an educational session, partners have the opportunity to help customers drive added value for their organization.
- Facilitate Networking. As the trusted advisor to your customers, you know a lot about their business challenges and successes. This puts you in a great position to facilitate networking at the unique environment that Microsoft Convergence provides. By introducing customers to other Microsoft Dynamics customers, you can help them learn what works and allow them to share their experiences with peers.
- Thank Your Customers. What better way to show your appreciation for your customers’ partnership and trust than taking them out for a night of fine dining, networking, and thanks! Remember, your customers are allowing you to be a part of their success; you can never say “thank you” too much. Plus, if your customers believe that you truly value the opportunity to help them drive success (and not just your success), they will trust you more when you offer additional products or services.
- Take Advantage of a Customer Testimonial Opportunity. After spending three days ensuring that your customers receive real business value from attending Microsoft Convergence, ask them to spend some time talking about how much they value your relationship. By asking for a customer testimonial, case study, or video reference for you to use post-Convergence, you can create more value for your clients (free publicity) while gaining reference materials to use in the future!
- 01/18/13--10:28: Convergence 2013: Discounted pricing is ending soon!
- Save $300 USD per attendee!
- Start planning meetings with others in your field.
- Secure the best travel arrangements and hotels.
- Begin motivating your team.
- 02/06/13--13:09: What can YOU win at Convergence 2013?
- Putting contests
- $100 gift cards handed out
- Two 24” monitors won via Booth contests (one via Twitter: follow @meritweb)
- GRAND PRIZE: Long Putt for $10,000 – one person attempted a 50ft putt for $10,000 (unfortunately, he missed)
- 03/11/13--13:34: Merit Solutions at Microsoft Convergence 2013
- Last month we were asked to present at the Microsoft Dynamics AX Industry Summit in Phoenix. We presented two sessions specific to Microsoft Dynamics AX Life Sciences Software: Selling to Midmarket Pharmaceuticals and a MAXLife ISV Showcase! We received great feedback from attendees and are excited to continue helping Partners and Customers in the life sciences industries.
- Last week we also launched a brand new corporate website. After months of designing, coding, and testing, we are very proud of our new site (and hope you are too!). Please feel free to browse around and leave your feedback below! The most significant changes include:
- Updated UI provides a fresh new look and feel meant to enhance the user experience and encourage further exploration.
- Streamlined navigation helps get you to the most relevant content - easier and quicker.
- Additional resources help you understand the value of our offerings - and most are completely free (no forms to fill out)!
- Now, we are excited to be a Bronze Sponsor at Microsoft Convergence 2013 next week. Merit Solutions will be exhibiting in Booth #2523 and we will be moderating a couple Life Sciences and Customer events. Please contact Josh Richards for more information on these events!
- 09/13/13--14:54: Join Merit Solutions at AXUG Summit 2013
- Opening Keynote with Tony Dungy - Wednesday, October 23, 8:00am - 9:30am, CC-Ballroom A-D: Falling in line with this year's AXUG Summit theme, this session is sure to inspire you - to elevate you - to reach new heights! We're pleased to welcome Tony Dungy - former Super Bowl-winning NFL Head Coach and New York Times best-selling author - as our keynote speaker. Coach Dungy's leadership philosophy of quiet strength, respect, and solidarity helped elevate the teams he coached to the pinnacle of success, time and time again. Be inspired as you listen to Coach Dungy share his views on the importance of goals, integrity, discipline and overcoming adversity, and walk away with ideas for putting these principles to work in your personal and professional life.
- What's New in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 - Wednesday, October 23, 10:00am - 11:00am, CC-14: The latest release of Dynamics AX 2012 R2 provided even more great functionality for business users and executives alike. In this fast paced session, we will review these new features and explain how industries and users are benefiting from this latest version of Dynamics AX 2012. Speakers: Steven Houglum, Moises Leon, Pepijn Richter - Microsoft
- Life Sciences Roundtable - Share Your Experiences - Wednesday, October 23, 11:15am - 12:15pm, CC-31/32: Don't miss this roundtable session where users in the Life Sciences industry, along with industry experts, will listen, learn, and share their experiences with utilizing Microsoft Dynamics AX in the Life Sciences industry. Life Science SIG members are encouraged to attend this session.
- Customer Showcase - Osmotica Pharmaceuticals - Wednesday, October 23, 3:30pm - 4:30pm, CC-31/32: Running any software in a highly regulated industry like Life Sciences can be challenging. In this exciting customer showcase session listen as AXUG member - and MAXLife customer - Osmotica Pharmaceutical tells their story of implementing Dynamics AX to meet their complex business needs. Learn how it's not just the software that provides the solution to their success. Speaker: Michael Gesser, VP Finance and CFO, Osmotica Pharmaceutical
- Life Sciences and Microsoft Dynamics AX - Approaches for Meeting your Regulatory Requirements - Thursday, October 24, 2:30pm - 3:30pm, CC-31/31: More and more companies in the life sciences industry are running Dynamics AX. In this session learn more about the various methods and approaches for setting up and configuring AX to meet the regulatory and special requirements the life science industry requires. Life Science SIG members are encouraged to attend this session. Speaker: Michael Gesser, VP Finance and CFO, Osmotica Pharmaceutical
- How2: Order Release Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX - Friday, October 25, 3:30pm - 4:30pm, CC-17: Order release management in Dynamics AX provides your company the ability to maximize efficiencies in your fulfillment process. In this How2 session, learn the steps required and processes to follow to maximize your order release process with Dynamics AX. Speaker: Aaron Stoddard, Consultant, Merit Solutions
- Lack of visibility into business data impedes quick, accurate decision making.
- Inefficient processes cost money, waste time, and reduce quality.
- Business management systems no longer support the requirements of the company.
- 12/24/13--07:21: Happy Holidays from Merit Solutions!
- 02/04/14--12:18: Microsoft Convergence 2014 Atlanta - Booth #2341
- 02/21/14--11:02: Convergence 2014: AXUG Consumer Products Industry Lunch
- 02/24/14--07:32: Convergence 2014 Contest to Win a Microsoft Surface!
- 04/07/14--14:43: Merit Solutions named a Best Place to Work in Illinois
- Have at least 15 employees working in Illinois;
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity;
- Be a publicly or privately held business;
- Have a facility in the state of Illinois; and
- Be in business a minimum of 1 year.
- 05/08/14--08:19: Join Merit Solutions at AXUG FOCUS Manufacturing
- More than 30 interactive breakout sessions, most led by fellow Dynamics AX users, which provide many opportunities for group discussion… Arrive with questions and leave with answers and solutions!
- Plentiful opportunities to network, interact with and learn from others who use Dynamics AX every day.
- Opportunity for detailed conversations, deep dives into functional areas of manufacturing, and learn about the latest products available in the supply chain manufacturing space.
- Stirring keynote presentations that will inspire you to accomplish great things.
- Optional activities, such as pre-conference training through AXUG Academy, to get the most from your AXUG Focus experience.
- 06/03/14--13:50: Merit Solutions Presenting at AXUG Focus Manufacturing 2014
- QA and Dynamics AX - Don't miss this session as the quality management and assurance functionality of Dynamics AX will be reviewed. Learn how the QM functionality can be used to meet your company's needs for a controlled quality environment.
- Risks, Warning Signs, and Best Practices for Stabilizing Your Microsoft Dynamics AX Project - Enterprise Microsoft Dynamics AX projects face a number of risks and challenges due to the transformational impact they have on companies. And recently we’ve seen an increase in the number of companies who receive limited value from their investment into Microsoft Dynamics AX because the system was not implemented correctly - or hasn't even been implemented at all! Join us for this session as we discuss the major risks associated with Microsoft Dynamics AX enterprise projects, how to identify the warning signs that your project is under stress, and ways you can stabilize, turnaround, and optimize your enterprise platform. Email your challenge questions prior to the event at challenge@AXUG.com
- 06/09/14--09:20: 2 More Sessions at AXUG FOCUS Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- QA and Dynamics AX: Don't miss this session as the quality management and assurance functionality of Dynamics AX will be reviewed. Learn how the QM functionality can be used to meet your company's needs for a controlled quality environment.
- Risks, Warning Signs, and Best Practices for Stabilizing Your Microsoft Dynamics AX Project: Enterprise Microsoft Dynamics AX projects face a number of risks and challenges due to the transformational impact they have on companies. And recently we’ve seen an increase in the number of companies who receive limited value from their investment into Microsoft Dynamics AX because the system was not implemented correctly - or hasn't even been implemented at all! Join us for this session as we discuss the major risks associated with Microsoft Dynamics AX enterprise projects, how to identify the warning signs that your project is under stress, and ways you can stabilize, turnaround, and optimize your enterprise platform. Email your challenge questions prior to the event at challenge@AXUG.com
- Procurement in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3: There have been many great enhancements in Dynamics AX 2012 R3, and eProcurement is one of them. In this session we will review how eProcurement works in AX 2012 R3, from set up to execution. See how your company can benefit from this new and improved functionality.
- Unlocking the WMS Power in AX 2012 R3: With Dynamics AX 2012 R3, you can take warehouse management to a whole new level! In this session, we review the new WMS functionality available in R3. See how it works, listen as we review the scenarios for why it should be used, and get your questions answered around WMS in R3!
- 09/05/14--07:54: AXUG Summit Session: Business Transformation for Life
- The Analysis phase is like finding your partner (system choice)– You should know why you are choosing AX and ensure that your goals are in sync.
- The Planning phase is like thinking about what your family (implementation) might look like - including how many kids, cars, size of house needed, type of schooling, etc... (This relates to 3rd party add-ons, architecture, consulting/training/support.)
- The Implementation phase starts off fun (cute babies and everyone is excited) and there is typically a lot of help available.
- The Implementation phase then becomes challenging/overwhelming (when kids head off to school and have a lot of activities to balance).
- Then the Implementation phase becomes hell - you have moody teenagers ready to graduate and head off to college, while, at some point, everyone hates everyone!
- Finally we reach the Go-Live phase where everyone leaves and you are on your own.
- 09/08/14--06:19: AXUG Summit Session: Microsoft Dynamics AX Rescues
- 02/26/15--12:41: Free Webinar: Product Serialization and Tracing
Unique Device Identifier (UDI) regulations require most medical devices distributed in the United States to be documented and tracked.
The Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) requires pharmaceutical companies to include product transaction information in an electronic or paper record every time ownership of the product or material is transferred.
- 03/06/15--04:16: Stanley Steemer, Tablets, and Candy - Must Be Convergence 2015!
- Learn how Enterprise Mobility will enable Stanley Steemer to streamline processes, increase customer value, and fuel growth.
- Win great prizes – like Android and iPad tablets and a touchscreen monitor!
- Relax in comfortable leather chairs, recharge your devices, and enjoy free candy from our client Georgia Nut Company.
- See why companies turn to Merit to stabilize failing AX projects and provide ongoing support to continuously monitor and maximize AX performance.
- Take a look at our cross-platform mobile application for iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
- 04/28/15--12:11: Merit Walk Off at Microsoft Ignite - Win a Trip to the Caribbean!
- Hotel RIU Palace Punta Cana (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic)
- Hotel RIU Palace Cabo San Lucas (Los Cabos, Mexico)
- Hotel RIU Palace Costa Rica (Guanacaste, Costa Rica)
- Prior to Monday, May 4th: Open the Navigation Pane and select App Settings. Enter your contact information, select Enter Walk Off Contest, and click Save.Microsoft Ignite Walk Off for a trip to the Caribbean!Microsoft Ignite Walk Off for a trip to the Caribbean!
- Beginning on Monday, May 4th: A tile will appear on the homepage of the application that will direct people to the contest landing page. Once registered, this is where you can view the real-time leaderboard!Microsoft Ignite Walk Off for a trip to the Caribbean!
I had the pleasure of being a guest writer with the Microsoft Dynamics Partner Community Blog for an article on Microsoft Convergence 2013 in New Orleans. The article is being featured as a part of their series, Top 5 Business Reasons to Go to Microsoft Convergence 2013. In my article, I had the opportunity to talk about the reason why Merit Solutions attends Convergence every year, and why we're especially proud to once again be a Bronze Sponsor in 2013: to bond with our customers.
You can read the article below, or on the Microsoft Dynamics Partner Community Blog.
Today’s partner channel is drastically different than what it was 10 years ago: working remote, video conferencing, virtual machines, and other web collaboration tools have allowed for long distances between partners and their customers.
However, when it comes to building a strong, lasting relationship with your customers, there’s really no better substitute than connecting live and in person. And what better place to connect than at Microsoft Convergence 2013 in New Orleans? As the premier event for the worldwide Microsoft Dynamics community, Convergence offers ample opportunities for partners to strengthen their relationships with customers and drive a high ROI for the event.
Here are the top five ways you can bond with your customers at Microsoft Convergence 2013 in New Orleans:
Imagine the difference between a customer that has mixed feelings about their partner, and a customer who wouldn’t dream of buying from anyone else. The partners who drive the most success from Microsoft Convergence look at the event as an investment instead of an expense. They are investing in their brand, their network, and most importantly, their customer relationships.
Convergence 2013 is coming to New Orleans, LA, March 18–21, and discounted pricing is only available through January 25, 2013. Take advantage of the early registration discount.
Register early to:
Meet Merit Solutions:Merit Solutions is proud to be a Bronze Sponsor at Microsoft Convergence 2013 and we will be exhibiting our products and services in Booth #2523. Please stop by to learn more about Merit Solutions, MAXLife, MAXCloud, Risk Management, and Rapid On.
New for 2013!
This year we're reinventing networking by introducing the Convergence 2013 Live Wall, which aggregates social media postings about #CONV13 into one spot, a Microsoft technology experience that includes a Skype bar where you can connect with family and teams back home, and an enhanced mobile experience, putting event tools at your fingertips and connecting you with folks who matter. Plus, you don't want to miss the Closing Keynote featuring Kofi Annan, and the exciting Closing Celebration on March 21 —highlighted by a performance from Matchbox Twenty!
Register today, and save! Remember, the early registration discount is only available through January 25, 2013, so don't wait. Register today.
Microsoft Convergence 2013 is rapidly approaching! Merit Solutions is once again honored to be a Bronze Sponsor of Microsoft Convergence - and we hope you stop by Booth #2523 and join us during this great event. It’s been an exciting year for Merit Solutions clients and the Microsoft Dynamics community – so I hope you join us and learn why!
Just like our commitment to customer satisfaction, we do as much as we can to make your conference experience a little less stressful and more exciting. As an example of this, here’s what happened in our booth last year:
Of course, we also found time to talk about our ISV products and development services and the benefits of our Reseller Program; but we wanted to make sure we all had fun at the same time!
So...what do we have in store this year? We hope you stop by Booth #2523 and find out!
Please comment below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a one-on-one meeting with a Merit Solutions representative at Convergence 2013!
We can't believe it - Convergence 2013 is only a week away! We always get excited seeing so many Microsoft Dynamics Partners, Customers, and enthusiasts in one place at the same time!
The past couple months have been busy for us here at Merit Solutions:
If you would like to meet with the Merit Solutions Team at Microsoft Convergence 2013, please don't hesitate to reach out to us ahead of time - or simply stop by Booth #2523! We will have some prizes to give away - so make sure you stop by for your chance to win!
Join Merit Solutions as we attend AXUG Summit 2013 taking place October 23 - 25 in Tampa, FL.
AXUG Summit provides a conference experience unlike any other. Every attendee is focused on Microsoft Dynamics AX, and you’ll learn first-hand how they’ve overcome challenges you face every day! Take some time to explore the session lineup and learn more about the AXUG Summit experience… then make plans to join us in Tampa!
Here are a few sessions we recommend attending:
If you would like to schedule a meeting with a Merit Solutions representative while at AXUG Summit 2013, please comment below or send a message to email@example.com. We hope to see you in Tampa!
Merit Solutions was featured yesterday in a spotlight by the Illinois Technology Association (ITA), who noted "this week's Spotlight shines on four great companies & individuals who are revolutionizing industries and changing people's lives by using tech and putting Chicago on the national tech map!"
You can see the full spotlight on the ITA website (ITA Spotlight: Merit Solutions), or you can keep reading below.
Give us an overview of your business:
Merit Solutions is a global systems integrator and business process consultant with our US headquarters in Wheaton. We are a focused-strategy company with the goal of being the very best at helping clients automate, grow, and transform their business through process mapping and optimization, change management consulting, and innovative IT consulting and development services.
In 25 words or less, what are you all about?
Our preference has always been to be deep, not wide, in what we do for clients, and to provide an overwhelming value for cost relationship.
What problem do you solve and how do you solve it better than competition?
We typically work with companies who are challenged by the following issues, which are preventing them from reaching their business goals:
Our ability to help companies transform their business and successfully adopt new systems and processes is derived from extensive experience performing a wide array of complex implementations. Based on this accumulated experience, we feel we can solve certain aspects of projects in hours and days that will take other firms weeks and months. This is not an exaggeration. It is inherent in the nature of the specialized work that needs to be performed during a successful implementation of systems that touch processes across the whole enterprise.
How did you get started?
CEO Bill Burke helped found Merit Solutions to address a fundamental problem in the way business process improvement projects were delivered. While technology offered enormous potential for improving the way companies do business, it was clear that this potential was not being realized. Merit Solutions was founded with a complete focus on helping our clients and partners achieve measurable business results and a positive return on their investment.
How has culture played a role in building your company and how do you maintain it as you grow?
At Merit Solutions, we strongly believe in the importance of creating and maintaining a healthy, rewarding, and enjoyable company culture for all of our team members. We understood early on that creating an organization that consistently delivered breakthrough results required a foundation of enduring values. So we recruit and develop people with a common passion for solving problems for clients and have built a culture based on these core values: high quality, integrity, high trust, and innovation.
These values have led us to approach each and every engagement with the best interests of the client in mind, versus simply the best interests of our business. We hire innovative people who listen carefully, strive to reach their full potential, and help clients and partners do the same. We focus every decision on achieving success for our clients, even if it means exploring uncommon alternatives and looking at the problem through multiple lenses. Best of all, our clients and partners confirm that we’ve gotten this right. They tell us again and again that our culture and people are significant contributors to the success of their initiatives.
We strive to maintain an open culture - where all team members are hands-on contributors, share ideas and opinions, and provide value for our clients. We encourage and support employees to seek out opportunities for professional and personal growth. And we hold quarterly team building events that bring our offices and team members closer together.
What are you goals for the business?
We are extremely fortunate to work with companies around the world who create products and offer services that improve the lives of millions. Our primary goal is to continue helping them increase their business success - whether that’s through growth and expansion, business process automation, or creating healthy communities.
Where do you see the company in 2 years?
We have experienced rapid growth as a company in the past two years – and we expect that pattern to continue over the next two years. We will continue building out the highest value-for-cost team of business process and technology consultants and developers. We will continue working with clients who are leaders in their respective industries. And we will maintain our commitment to do whatever it takes to deliver the right business results, on time and on budget.
What’s the #1 thing on your to-do list?
Continually strengthen the products and services we offer to our clients in order to improve their business success.
It’s our kind of town too but what are the pros & cons of being an Illinois business?
As an organization built on integrity, one of the biggest benefits of being a Chicago technology firm is the unique Midwestern culture. We have found that local businesses tend to be honest, hardworking, and customer-centric. It is extremely exciting working in an environment where there is a common focus on building mutual trust and success.
What are the biggest challenges you are facing in scaling your business up?
We face challenges that most technology firms are struggling with today, like recruiting top talent individuals that share the same core values as our organization. We have some new, exciting, and innovative projects we are recruiting for - but we will not compromise our culture or values in order to fill any position. We only recruit and develop people with a passion - both for helping clients and for improving the communities in which we live and work.
This one is all you… anything you want to tell us?
Our clients and partners feel our commitment to success the moment they meet someone from Merit Solutions, and they repeatedly refer to it as the reason they choose to continue to work with Merit Solutions. They tell us that we are unmatched in our drive to deliver the results they seek - and this is no coincidence. When we founded the company, our desire was to provide our clients with better results over any other option. This principle still guides our business today.
As the holidays approach, we tend to reflect on the year in reverse. If you're like us, you can’t help but feel good about closing out another successful year!
At Merit Solutions, we are extremely fortunate to work with companies around the world who create products and offer services that improve the lives of millions. Our driving principle is to help them increase their business success - whether that’s through growth and expansion, business process automation, or creating jobs and healthy communities.
We want to thank everyone for providing us the opportunity to work together in 2013. We wish you a terrific holiday season, and a more prosperous and successful 2014!
We will see you in January with more valuable resources and information!
Microsoft Convergence 2014 returns to the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia March 4 – 7, 2014.
We hope you can take the time to stop by Booth #2341 to meet with Merit Solutions and learn how we are designing better outcomes for industry leaders - whether that's through process optimization, consulting or technical services, rescuing failed implementations, or providing global support!
Learn more: 5 Reasons to Visit us at Microsoft Convergence 2014.
For the second year in a row, Merit Solutions is proud to sponsor the AXUG Life Sciences Special Interest Group (SIG) networking lunch at Microsoft Convergence 2014.
This Life Sciences SIG lunch provides current users of Microsoft Dynamics AX in the life sciences industry to come together and network, share challenges and best practices, and discuss potential solutions for specific business needs. And since this is a customer-only event, they can do all of this without fearing being "sold to" by any Microsoft Dynamics AX partners.
Space is limited for this event and registration is required to attend. Please only register if you will attend.
AXUG Life Sciences SIG Networking Lunch at Convergence 2014:
Thursday, March 6th
12pm - 2pm
This Consumer Products SIG lunch provides current users of Microsoft Dynamics AX in the CPG industry to come together and network, share challenges and best practices, and discuss potential solutions for specific business needs. And since this is a customer-only event, they can do all of this without fearing being "sold to" by any Microsoft Dynamics AX partners.
Space is limited for this event and registration is required to attend. Please only register if you will attend.
AXUG Consumer Products SIG Networking Lunch at Convergence 2014:
Thursday, March 6th
12pm - 2pm
If interested, feel free to join the Consumer Products SIG Group on AXUG Collaborate to stay connected and up-to-date on future events.
Merit Solutions has been very fortunate to work with a number of clients over the years who are truly improving the world we live in.
Osmotica Pharmaceuticals creates drug delivery technologies for central nervous system and neurology-based therapeutic drugs. United Way empowers disadvantaged people in communities all over the world. MannKind Corporation and Insulet Corporation are dramatically improving the lives of millions of people with Diabetes and Cancer. JobsOhio manages programs to attract and retain jobs in the State of Ohio. Stanley Steemer improves the quality and cleanliness of the work and home environments of people throughout North America. Stark Aerospace produces important security and defense products to keep communities safe from foreign and domestic threats.
You get the point.
At Merit Solutions, our goal - both as a company and as global citizens - is to have a positive impact on the lives of others. Working in business consulting and technology services affords us a tremendous opportunity to fulfill this goal with our customers - who offer a very high multiplication for our efforts. And we know our customers are far from the only companies and individuals that are having a positive impact on the world today.
As we come together for Convergence 2014, we are excited about the opportunity to meet some of the other truly great teams and people who make up the Microsoft Dynamics Community - and who have an active role in shaping the communities we live in.
The #MyImpact2014 contest is a creative way for Microsoft Convergence 2014 Atlanta attendees to showcase how they are improving the lives of those around them. Whether your organization is producing products or services that improve the quality of life for others; you are donating time, money, or goods to local groups; or you have improved the way tasks are done at home or in the office – we want to hear from you!
Learn more about the #MyImpact2014 Contest to win a Microsoft Surface!
Merit Solutions, a business process optimization and IT services company based in Wheaton, IL, was recently named as one of the 2014 Best Places to Work in Illinois. The awards program began in 2006 and is promoted by The Daily Herald Business Ledger in partnership with the Human Resources Management Association of Chicago (HRMAC), the Illinois State Chamber of Commerce, and the Workforce Boards of Metropolitan Chicago and managed by Best Companies Group.
This statewide survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Illinois, benefiting the state's economy, workforce and businesses. The 2014 Best Places to Work in Illinois list is made up of 26 companies in the small employer category (15-99 U.S. employees), 23 companies in the medium employer category (100-499 U.S. employees), and 16 companies in the large employer category (500 or more U.S. employees). Merit Solutions has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois.
To be considered for participation, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
Companies from across the state entered the two-part process to determine the Best Places to Work in Illinois. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated company's workplace policies, practices, and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25% of the total evaluation. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. This part of the process was worth approximately 75% of the total evaluation. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process in Illinois and also analyzed the data and used their expertise to determine the final rankings.
Merit Solutions will be recognized and honored at the Best Places to Work in Illinois awards ceremony coordinated by The Daily Herald Business Ledger on May 12 and will be profiled in a special publication by The Daily Herald Business Ledger on June 23. The final rankings will be announced at the event.
Merit Solutions is proud to be a sponsor of AXUG FOCUS 2014.
Join us and hundreds of Microsoft Dynamics AX users on June 12 - 13 in Dallas, TX or June 19 -20 in Indianapolis, IN. Offering a wealth of practical ideas, collaborative learning, in-depth knowledge and unsurpassed networking, AXUG Focus is the event exclusively for Dynamics AX users that focus on manufacturing and supply chain. Engage in interactive How2 sessions, hear expert presentations and join lively roundtable discussions—all certain to provide an immediate payback to you and your company.
AXUG Focus is an excellent opportunity to dive deep into manufacturing and supply chain topics that will provide immediate payback to you and your company:
Merit Solutions will be presenting two sessions at AXUG Focus Manufacturing 2014 in Dallas and Indianapolis.
The Stabilizing Your Microsoft Dynamics AX Project will take place each Thursday at 11am. In Dallas on June 12th, it will take place in Salon B. In Indianapolis on June 19th, it will take place in White River D.
The QA and Dynamics AX session will take place each Friday at 9:45am. In Dallas on June 13th, it will take place in Salon E. In Indianapolis in June 20th, it will take place in White River C.
Please let us know if you would like to meet with one of our team members at either AXUG Focus Manufacturing 2014 event.
As noted last week, Merit Solutions will be presenting a couple of sessions at the AXUG FOCUS on Manufacturing and Supply Chain in Dallas and Indianapolis. Originally, we were only scheduled to present two session:
Now, we have been asked to cover two additional topics:
Please let us know if you will be attending AXUG FOCUS 2014 and would like to meet with one of our team members!
Merit Solutions is proud to have the opportunity to present the following session at AXUG Summit: Business Transformation for Life: Thinking about Implementing Dynamics AX (and related systems) with Long-term Support in Mind
This session is takes place on Wednesday, October 15 from 1:00 - 2:00 pm in Room 102. The session is built around why it is important to consider ongoing usage/support/maintenance of a system from the start. At each phases (Analysis, Planning, Implementation, Go-Live…) there are different things that should be taken into consideration regarding ongoing plans once the project is live. Making those decisions up front is critical to uncover gaps, avoid poor adoption, insure that company gets the most out of their investment ongoing. This session will highlight these important items with a nice analogy to family life:
Don't miss the chance to hear how all these things relate!
Join us at AXUG Summit 2014 for our session, Risks, Warning Signs, and Best Practices for Stabilizing Your Microsoft Dynamics AX Project.
Enterprise Microsoft Dynamics AX projects face a number of risks and challenges due to the transformational impact they have on companies. And recently we’ve seen an increase in the number of companies who receive limited value from their investment into Microsoft Dynamics AX because the system was not implemented correctly - or hasn't even been implemented at all! Join us for this session as we discuss the major risks associated with Microsoft Dynamics AX enterprise projects, how to identify the warning signs that your project is under stress, and ways you can stabilize, turnaround, and optimize your enterprise platform
This session takes place Thursday, October 16th from 3:15 - 4:15pm in Room 105.
In an ongoing effort to mitigate the risks patients are exposed to when using medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs, the FDA has recently enacted two regulations for companies in these industries:
Join us for our next webinar in our Mastering Compliance and Innovation Life Sciences Executive Series:
Product Serialization and Tracing
Wednesday March 4, 2015
12:00pm Eastern (9:00am Pacific)
Register now for the Product Serialization and Tracing Webinar!
Underestimating the scope and scale of these regulations could put your company at risk. In this session, we will discuss real-world applications of UDI and DSCSA using Microsoft Dynamics AX – while diving into the fits, gaps, and solutions for complying with regulations and mitigating the risk associated with non-compliance.
Will you / your team be attending Microsoft Convergence 2015 in Atlanta?
Merit Solutions is sponsoring the event, exhibiting in Booth #1628. Here are some reasons you may want to stop by and see us:
If you’ll be at Convergence – we hope to see you there. Safe travels!
Microsoft Ignite Attendees: Do you know McCormick Place is the nation's largest convention center?
With a combined 2.6 million square feet of exhibit space, 1.2 million square feet all on one level, you can assume that you will be walking A LOT at Microsoft Ignite next week.
That's why we're holding the Merit Walk Off at Ignite - a competition that measures how far you walk during Ignite and lets you compete against other attendees for a 5-night all-inclusive stay for 2 in the Caribbean! We're not asking you to walk MORE at Ignite, we're just asking you to track how far you are already walking.
The person who walks the most miles each day of the conference will be entered into a drawing for the Grand Prize, a five-night all-inclusive stay for two (2) in a Junior Suite at one of the following hotels (the winner gets to choose!):
Reward yourself for all the walking you'll do at Ignite by competing in the Merit Walk Off!
Simply download the Merit Solutions Mobile application from your device store. (Here are the links to the application in the iPhone, Android, Windows stores.) Once you download the app, you can enter the Walk Off two ways:
The app will then track the distance you travel each day and will let you compete with other attendees. The person who walks the most each day will be placed in the Grand Prize drawing. The more days you win - the better your chances are at winning the trip!
One Microsoft Ignite attendee will win this trip - why can't it be you? Good luck and good walking!
(NOTE: The Merit Solutions Mobile application DOES NOT track or store any geographic location data of contestants.)